Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Milestone! First trip to the Dentist... and other random things

Emma went to the dentist for the first time ever today! She was so pumped about it. I've been talking it up the last few days, telling her about the fun chair, the cool light, the mirror, the tiny camera, etc. She was SO excited. Well, I'm happy to report that she did awesomely awesome. She was polite to Miss Connie the hygienist, she sat perfectly still, opened her mouth VERY wide and... drumroll please... had NO cavities! Hooray! Usually the first visit is a "happy visit" where they just make the kiddos feel comfortable so as to not scare them, but Emma was so well prepped and brave, that they went ahead and did an entire cleaning. My heart was just bursting with pride. I'm so proud of my little dental patient.

And of course I documented the whole thing! Duh!


Backing up to this morning... I could NOT take my eyes off of the mountains on my drive into church! I took this picture from my church parking lot and it does not even do the scene justice. The contrast of the blue sky, white snow on the tips of the mountains, green hills at the base of the mountains and PINK trees in the foreground was too much for my soul to bear! I kept tearing up on my way in to town because it was so gorgeous. Anyway, here's the picture that just doesn't come to close to how pretty it was - taken while corraling Emma with my leg from going into the street, holding Addie on my hip and with a heavy diaper bag in the crook of my arm. Now THAT'S desperation! Thank you Lord, for giving me your beauty today and refreshing me just by showing me your creation this morning. It made me feel revived and awake and happy... who needs coffee?!

Finally, I just want to say that the two houses next door for me are for sale. Please someone (Michelle) buy them! Preferably someone who has two kids roughly the ages of my kids who would be fun to hang out with! Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

1 comment:

  1. Look at her all happy to be in that chair! That's wonderful that she liked it. And, no cavities to boot.

    That's a beautiful shot of the landscape. When I lived by a mountain range, I was awestruck daily by their beauty and the majesty that's behind their creation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...