Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Top o' the morning to ya!

Happy belated St. Patrick's Day!

We don't go all out in our family for St. Patty's Day, but we were sporting our green. I heard a conversation on the radio about some confusion that only the IRISH get to wear green on St. Patty's Day. What?! I had never heard that! Maybe that's how it originated (they never did get down to the bottom of it), but I love that everyone joins in the fun and wears green.

It was fun to go to the doctor yesterday (routine baby checkup) and see nurses and doctors and patients alike in green. Even Gary wore a green shirt yesterday, although he said it wasn't intentional. Uh-huh, sure Gary. You know you were just enjoying the St. Patty's Day fun.

We woke up to near-blizzard conditions yesterday (not really, but it was windy and we had about 3 inches of snow when we woke up, with another 2-5 in the forecast), so I bundled up the girls when we got home and gave them spray bottles filled with colored water. We started with green for St. Patty's Day and eventually experimented with every color. I can't say I was too thrilled to give them yellow...(or brown, which they requested! Yuck)! But this kept them entertained for hours. Yay!





Some of the snow had melted even by the time we got home, and continued to melt throughout the afternoon. What a change to look out this morning and see nothing but our bare grass and blue sky! And a predicted high of 51!

14 comments:

  1. Happy St.Patty's Day! Your little leprechauns are looking very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow has moved on to us today. But like you said, it will melt soon. Right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lovin' the blue sky today too! And your girls are super cute in their green!

    Girl, you are on a bloggy roll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bare grass, blue skies, 51 degrees - I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colored water idea is pure brilliance!! Going to have to try it should we get snow next year (None to speak of this year and truthfully I'm happy about that LOL). Emma and Addie look so adorable in their pictures. I love their outfits. Again, I'm sorry that we missed each other in NY. I'm still waiting to hear about your trip btw....

    ReplyDelete
  6. What cutie pies! Looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the first picture where your girls are looking up at each others heads like they are trying to figure out what on earth is up there! Too Cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute pictures! I love the spray bottle idea. How did they not spray each other and stain those cute little jackets? My kids would have been all over that one! Such a neat idea.

    Can't wait to hear about the play and the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Congratulations, on your new baby, will stay posted for sex of baby. I'm a youth pastor's wife for 12 yrs. of ministry and i love to read your honesty here. Enjoy your bloggy roll, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun idea, Ang!! Looks like the girls had a great time...don't you love those simple things that are so entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colored snow! Maybe it will snow while Michelle is visiting and you all and rainbow together. So excited that you two get to be together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a "lurker"! *grin* -I found your blog from Heather's blog. What a great idea with the colored-water! Looks like you all had a fun St. Patrick's Day.

    God bless!
    Mary Y

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVING the colored water! What a brilliant idea. I can't wait to try it with the boys when it snows next year!

    The girls are too adorable Angie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...