Monday, June 02, 2008

Oh yeah... I have a blog!

No, I didn't really forget I have a blog. But it has taken an unintentional back seat the last week or two. So for those who have been kind enough to ask, I'm totally okay! Thanks for wondering!

We were super busy the last two weekends, and I think the craziness of the weekends and the weeks in between have just thrown me for a loop!

First, last weekend was graduation weekend. Anyone who has an inkling of an idea what a youth pastor's life is like knows that we were barely keeping our heads above water as a result! This year, the girls and I didn't tag along to the graduations (were there 8, Gary? Or more?) or to all the parties, but I think between Friday night and Sunday night, we made it to around 15 parties. (I can't tell you how thankful we were that several of those parties involved multiple students... can you imagine?!) We were partied out, but it was really fun. I mean, what pregnant lady is going to complain about the opportunity to just graze all day and not have to cook? Not this one. Needless to say, we wisely called off the Memorial Day BBQ we'd hoped to have my family over for. We just didn't have it in us, and then with crummy weather it just didn't seem worth it.

It was funny though, we stopped by one party where we warned our girls that there would be a pool, but because we didn't have our suits with us, there would be no swimming. We did, however, let them take off their sandals and dangle their feet over the side. I've got to give credit to Addie who found a way to get what she wanted. She took off her sweatshirt, "accidentally" put it in the water, swished it around and came around to everyone throwing it so they'd get wet! This happened over and over again until she and Emma were soaked. Finally (by no coincidence, I'm sure), she leaned over one time to swish her sweatshirt and... fell in! We only laughed, because there were about 6 high school girls there to catch her, and Emma followed her right in. They loved swimming around with the older girls (in their DRESSES!) and we didn't care. The bad part? Addie was obviously not wearing a swim diaper and I've never seen such a swollen diaper before. SO GROSS!

This past weekend was exhausting, but awesome. Our family participated in ShareFest for the 5th year in a row. It's grown every year, and this year 35 churches helped local schools and community organizations clean up their places. Our job was at Erie Elementary where Gary and I painted curbs and lines yellow in the parking lot. It was our third year doing this job, so we feel like pros. If you need any bright yellow lines painted around your house, we're your people. The girls were in childcare all day, so we figured we were on a date all day. Although we were hot and tired, it really was great to spend the day side-by-side talking and hanging out and serving together. Yesterday, all of the churches gathered for a giant worship service, and it was really neat to hear how our work impacted others.

So when I haven't been partying or painting, I've been editing papers for Gary who is taking an intense Maymester seminary course. I'm happy to help, although I don't know what I'm reading half the time... I think the paper on "Ancient Future Faith" is next. Huh?!

And then I had this big issue where I thought Google Reader had lost all my blog links. I was sad. Very sad. But then a couple days ago when I went to plug them all back in, they were there! Yay, God! I was thankful to not have to spend time doing that, but I'm WAAAAY behind on reading my blogs. I've barely done any backreading, but four things I've noticed: this blog has a new, fresh look (love it, Kelly!), this post is wet-your-pants funny (to me, anyway!), this blog just updated TODAY! (I originally was out to say it had been abandoned and then I went to get the link and SURPRISE!), and this blog has a wet-your-pants funny picture on it (is he still speaking to you for posting that?). So, I'm going to get back into my blogging mojo here soon. Reading and posting. Reading and posting. Right.

Today... ohhhh, today. Today has been one of those mommy days that I want to start all over again. We had plans to go swimming today, but when I looked around at my house and what looked like Hurricane Fisher-Price had left behind, I decided that we'd only go IF the girls picked up their things. Whatever. The house is worse off than it was this morning. We didn't go swimming. In fact, we've been inside all day on this 85-degree day because they just mope around telling me how they don't want to clean. They're still in their jammies!!! They didn't want to get dressed! Not me... I'm in my swimming suit sitting here typing this because I REALLY wanted to go swimming. Argh. So there's my mommy-temper-tantrum. Will someone send me to my room?!

Oh, and I'm not going to even talk about potty training and the success we're having in that arena.

Oh, and did I mention we've been trying to get the girls to share a room lately? Yeah, that's loads of fun.

So that's the story of why I've not blogged lately. Life has gotten in the way.

And, okay fine. Those who know me well know that I've been sucked into the world of Facebook. Thank you Cam... thank you Amber... thank you Amy and Abby. My house will never be clean again. It's been fun to see old friends on there, but my true obsession? THE GAMES. I'm a total Word Nerd. There's just no way around it. I've been spending my spare time playing games like Scrabble (Scrabulous) and Boggle (Scramble) and Word Twist on Facebook. I justify it by saying I'm challenging myself and using my brain. Mmm-hmm. So if you're up for a challenge and think you can beat me (you can't), come find me on Facebook.

Wow! What a whiner of a post! If you hung in this far, you must really love me, have a boring life and find mine fascinating. Let's trade!

I'm off now to see if Ben and Jerry want a little company...

14 comments:

  1. Yay! You are back. I read every single word of the update. And were I not spending every single spare moment of my time remodeling the kitchen, I would totally bring it on WordTwist!

    Much love to you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back!

    Whew...you have been busy!

    I think it's supposed to be hot again tomorrow, so maybe you can head to the pool then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...so I was glad to see you confessed your new obsession with Facebook and word games - I was gonna rat you out if you didn't admit it!! :)

    Let me know if you're up for swimming this week...there's a super fun pool behind my house that the girls might enjoy if you want to come down and take a "road trip" :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee I have new material to read.

    It was funny reading your blog it was just like a peek in my life. I think all of the kids have gotten together and decided to be extra messy and stinkerie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been spending waaayyy too much time on Facebook, too. I'm actually getting tired of Scrabulous (and I'm an English Major!). I can only think of so many new words each day. Thank God (quite literally) for internet searches like "words ending in RT". That's the only way I've been able to think, lately. I need to get back to blogging, but writer's block has set in. Two sick kids will do that to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you have you back. Prop those feet up because after all that...you need it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally understand what you're going through... the busy, but very FULL life :) It's ok... everything has a season :)

    God bless!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, I just came off of Facebook, and our Word Twist game, where you totally kicked my 'you know what' once again... Maybe when your baby comes I will be able to gain the upper hand and beat you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's what I get for having too many comment windows open on a night when I need more coffee. Let's start again, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  11. First, you and Meredith need to stop talking about the hot weather or I'm going to go postal on y'all. It was 60 when I picked up Natalie from school today. Sixty and cloudy and rainy.

    Not that I'm bitter or whining or anything.

    (We are SO moving to Colorado as soon as that house sells.)

    Second, thanks for the kudos on the blog design. I really like it too.

    Third, aren't you glad you know me? I mean, I leave the longest comments on the history of the planet. How fun am I?

    Fourth, I need a nap after reading this. You guys have been BUSY! But I hope you don't give up your blog for Facebook permanently. (Read: DON'T LEAVE ME! *Sob*) I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Confession: my blog post was a bit of a nudge to have you and Amy post, so I have something to read and be blog-inspired by... Glad to know what you're up to though, busy girl.

    About Word Twist, do you think you could just let me win once? I know I've beat you twice, but out of the 632 times we've played, my win/loss ratio is no bueno.

    That's all for now. Talk to you later!! Love you!!

    P.S. Give your two little stinkers a hug from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you had time to post again! I have not yet tried that Word game yet... I will have to give it a try. We need to get the girls together too. Mine miss yours.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i would like to confirm that you are unbeatable! IF i manage to ever pull off a win, i always know you must've had a distraction or something. lol!

    you are a great challenge! i love playing you. even though you slay me daily.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...