Sunday, March 07, 2010

I can't breathe through by dose but I can read blogs

Today I stayed home from church because the cold that's been brewing has finally hit me hard. My head is POUNDING and I blow my nose about every 5 minutes. (How is there anything left to blow? TMI... sorry.)

I've had a couple of opportunities today to take short naps, but instead I cannot stop reading blogs from the Compassion bloggers team in Kenya. (Yes, I blogged about this the other day.)

Maybe it's pregnancy hormones, maybe it's because I'm sick, but the stories and pictures in the blogs keep making me cry.

Or maybe it's because they're really touching. Lives are being changed through Compassion. But also, the bloggers' lives are being changed by those sweet Kenyan children.

If you have a few minutes, I really encourage you to cruise around the blogs. Especially if you have a Compassion child, because you'll see what a difference you're making. And ESPECIALLY if you don't... because God might just prompt your heart to sponsor one today.

Compassion bloggers in Kenya:

3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you were pregnant! Congratulations!!

    I always get really congested when I'm pregnant, too. It's so miserable. I hope it clears up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are so sick. Both my girls are sick right now (ear infection & sinus infection) and I feel a sore throat coming on. ugh. I hope you feel better soon.
    Thanks for posting all the links to the compassion bloggers. I have only been reading LV, Mckmama & Shaun's. Off to read more and cry more.

    P.S. I love that you have been blogging almost everyday this past week, it makes me happy, i love reading your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're feeling better...I'm hoping to return to work tomorrow after having this mess for 9 days!

    Thanks for the links to the Kenya team! I'll be checking them out later today. Our Youth Group at church have a Compassion child from Nicaragua and this past November was able to meet her while on a Mission Trip there. Totally Awesome!!

    Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! And thanks a bunch for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...